Things you need to know about Office 365
Microsoft have consistently been the brand of choice when it comes to business software. Office 365, Microsoft’s cloud version of the Office business suite, brings more advantages and collaboration functionality to the Office Interface that business users are already familiar with.
A good IT investment should increase productivity, improve efficiency, reduce costs and overheads, and address current and future needs. But it doesn’t have to be expensive. This is where Microsoft Office 365 fits in.
Office 365 offers effective and scalable cloud productivity solutions for every business size. It provides businesses with the familiar Microsoft Office apps, along with a dynamic set of cloud connected tools which will enable your staff to communicate, collaborate, and get the work done faster.
Office 365 is composed of enterprise-ready set of productivity tools you already know and trust, namely:
- The latest version of Microsoft Office Suite (installed and/or online) – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, and Publisher.
- One Drive – All files in Microsoft’s online storage service are accessible from nearly any device, and can be shared with others. File storage and sharing is at 1 TB storage/user.
- Lync (soon to be Skype for business) – Conduct unlimited online meetings, IM and HD video conferencing anywhere you are or work on a document, at the same time.
- Outlook – Business-class email including calendar, and contacts with a 50 GB inbox
- SharePoint Online – Enables an organisation to easily create and manage custom team-focused and project-focused sites for collaboration.
- Project – A project management tool you can use to analyse resources, budgets and timelines. Team Members can manage tasks, collaborate, submit time sheets, and flag issues and risks easily, from anywhere.
- Yammer – Your private social network within your organisation. Communications on Yammer are secure and visible only to your team members.
Moving to Office 365 comes with many benefits:
1. Get the flexibility of working in the cloud. Productivity is no longer confined to the four corners of your office. You and your staff can work anywhere, anytime, using the device that you like enhancing work-life balance.
2. Increased productivity. Because anything you do in the office (e.g. access email, file sharing, and online meetings) can now be done even when you are on the go, more work can be accomplished and issues are quickly addressed.
3. Secure file sharing & collaboration. Office 365 assures you’re getting top-notch cloud security, with built-in security, privacy controls, compliance with industry standards, and transparent operations. Clients are assured all their sensitive company data is protected, at all times.
4. Manage a predictable monthly cost/pay as you go. Costs for Office 365 use are predictable and spread over time. Enjoy low upfront costs and the flexibility to add users and services as needed. No initial infrastructure investments and Microsoft provides automatic applications updates, at no extra cost.
5. Guaranteed 99.9% uptime. Access any of the Office 365 services any time. Since this is a financially backed service level agreement, affected clients will be compensated by Microsoft if it does not meet this guarantee.
6. IT-level web support and 24/7 phone support. You can sleep soundly knowing you can get support for all your critical issues.
By the end of March 2015, Microsoft will start hosting Office 365 locally in its two existing data centres in Sydney and Melbourne to address data sovereignty concerns raised by some businesses. Soon existing Australian Office 365 customers will be offered to transition to Australian-hosted software, whilst new customers will receive the Australian option by default.
Drive productivity in the cloud today. Know your options. Check out Office 365 Business plans and options. You can also avail of the 30-day free trial offered by some of the plans.
To know more how Office 365 can help your business, contact Centrix today.