The business benefits of Google Apps for Work
If you only need the basic cloud-based office applications to run your business, Google Apps for Work is the best option for you. It provides the same level of security and reliability you get from other featured-packed cloud-based office suites, but is way more cost-effective.
Google Apps for Work (previously known as Google Apps for Business) offers just the tools you need to get the work done, even when you are on the go:
- Gmail – Get custom email (@yourcompany.com), with 30GB storage space, 24/7 support, and absolutely no ads.
- Hangouts – Talk to your teammates using voice and video calls or send instant messages. Available inside your Gmail and Google+.
- Calendar – You’ll never have to worry about anyone missing a meeting or conference call because participants are alerted to scheduled activities.
- Google+ – Combines the fun in social networking and the benefits of close collaboration with anyone in the organisation, including suppliers, and customers. Set security parameters to maximise the platform for business use.
- Drive – Store, share and sync work files with ease and peace of mind.
- Docs – word processing
- Sheets – spreadsheets
- Forms – surveys and forms
- Slides – presentations
- Sites – Site builder for your teams. Here you can launch an intranet for your company, a project site for your team or a portal for customers.
- Admin – With Google Apps, you are in control of your business. Only administrators are given access to the Google Admin console to manage the business’ security settings, email addresses, connected mobile devices, and other business-critical settings. Any disruption like missing hardware or employee turnover is quickly mitigated. Whilst setting up mobile management for Android and iOS is very easy.
- Vault – It’s an additional functionality you can add to your package. Vault was created for your archiving and e-Discovery needs. It lets you manage, retain, and search your data (e-mails and chats) easily to help protect your business from unexpected customer claims, lawsuits or investigations. With just a few clicks, you can retrieve the information you need.
Although Google offers most of these applications for free, Google Apps for Work is more ideal for your business use because:
1. You’ll be getting professional email, additional storage across Gmail and Drive, 24/7 phone and email support, 99.9% guaranteed uptime, interoperability with Microsoft Outlook, enhanced security features, and full administration of all user accounts.
2. As soon as you sign up for Google Apps for Work, you will be allowed a free 30-day trial, for a maximum of 10 users.
3. Since Google Apps for Work is entirely a cloud-based service, you don’t need to spend time and money maintaining any hardware or desktop components. Whilst your IT department can focus on more critical parts of your technology.
4. You get a seamless experience across different devices, operating systems and browsers.
5. Businesses can transition quickly, and with minimal disruption because many of your employees have already used or are currently using Google products at home.
6. Work even when offline. Users can view, edit and create content in Gmail, Calendar or Docs even when they don’t have Internet connection. Google will sync automatically as soon as the user is reconnected to the Internet.
7. It has simple and flexible pricing and billing plans. Choose between the $5/user/month plan or $50/user/year plan. Pay additional $5/user/month for unlimited storage and Vault. For your plan, you choose the Flexible Plan if you want to add and delete user accounts as you go. You will be billed monthly. With the Annual Plan, you get Google Apps for a full year, on a discounted rate. You are also allowed to add additional users any time. You will be billed monthly for a portion of the annual commitment.
With Google Apps for Work, you only pay for the service that you want. Check to see if this productivity suite is best fit for your requirements.
If you need help in assessing your business requirements, CONTACT US.