Exploring Microsoft Lync for Business
If you are looking for a scalable and reliable communications platform that will create a flexible working environment for your staff, Microsoft Lync 2013 is your best option today.
Lync 2013 is a software-based, end-to-end solution which consolidates multiple communication methods into a single platform. This easy-to-manage application connects people everywhere, supports pretty much all operating systems including mobile devices, whilst delivering a consistent end-user experience.
Microsoft Lync enables:
- Instant Messaging (IM) and Presence
- Audio conferencing
- Video conferencing
- Web Conferencing
- Enterprise Voice and Telephony
More about its features:
- Mobile devices integration – Lync is available on Windows PCs, Windows Phone, iOS, Mac, and Android smartphones. The updated Lync app for Windows 8 and Windows RT has added features previously available only in the desktop version.
- Web app – Users can join a meeting from Windows or Mac OS X using a Web browser, and still have access to all of the features of Lync, including HD video, VoIP (Voice over IP), instant messaging, and desktop sharing.
- Works on standards-based HD video – Lync uses open standards including H.264 SVC to provide a high-quality video experience covering a wide range of platforms and devices.
- New multiparty HD video support – Let’s you see up to 5 meeting participants simultaneously. You can choose who to see or let Lync choose for you.
- OneNote: OneNote share allows users in to create and share OneNote digital meeting notes within Lync Meetings.
- Lync-Skype Connectivity – This combination enables Lync users to take advantage of the global reach of Skype to connect and collaborate with anyone whilst relying on the enterprise richness of Lync. The initial set of features includes:
– Adding Skype contacts to Lync and vice-versa, enabling presence sharing
– Audio calling and instant messaging between Lync and Skype users
– Management settings for Lync administrators
– Soon it will also support video
Microsoft Lync provides your business with all the tools you need to succeed. There are many benefits Lync can bring to your business. Here are some reasons why you should consider using this platform:
- It improves internal and external communications. With Lync, you can easily reach out to a colleague, collaborate on projects and solve problems together. Customer issues are likewise resolved much faster.
- It offers more flexibility. Its easy-to-use platform allows users to access video conferencing and other features across a broad range of devices including smartphones, tablets and PCs.
- It reduces mobile phone budgets for remote workers. Many phone calls are easily replaced with Lync’s instant messaging.
- It reduces travel costs. It’s now possible to conduct video conferencing instead of in-person meetings.
- It’s a cost-effective solution for costly hardware-based PBX system and web conferencing solutions.
- It helps users stay in the loop and be productive anywhere as long as there’s an Internet connection – no VPN required.
- It supports the business’ BYOD strategy – Control over your employee’s app portfolio whilst still allowing employees to work flexibly on their own devices.
- It works in conjunction with all of your most important Office applications. This includes Word, Excel, and Outlook, and all from within the cloud so you don’t need any extra IT infrastructure onsite.
Microsoft Lync can be made available on-premise or in the cloud. If you are interested in finding out how Microsoft Lync can help you grow your small business or large enterprise, contact us to request a FREE consultation about our Sydney IT services today!